August is almost over and that means it’s time for my monthly reading wrap up. This month I finished reading:
1) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
2) A Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
3) Fearless #4 Twisted by Francine Pascal
4) Bright Shadows by Avi
5) Izzy, Willy-Nilly by Cynthia Voigt
6) Cinder by Marissa Meyer
7) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
I can’t believe I actually read 7 books! That’s really an all time record for me. My top four favorite books this month are
1) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time – Everyone should read this book
2) A Phantom Tollbooth – Everyone should read this book, too
3) Wuthering Heights – weird and convuluted plot but entertaining nontheless
4) Cinder – predictable plot but good writing
Also, I DNF-ed A Wrinkle in Time because I just couldn’t get into it. The beginning was slow and it wasn’t hooking me. I’m thinking maybe I’ve fallen out with fantasy cause I DNF-ed The Lord of the Rings as well. But I don’t know. I got to read a lot of other amazing books anyway.
Recently, I finished reading The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. It is a story about a boy named Milo, a dog named Tock and a bug named Humbug and their adventure in restoring Rhyme and Reason in a magical new world that Milo happened upon via a tollbooth.
This past weekend, I went to Santa Barbara, CA. We had a great time and the weather was nice. I bought a few books from a couple of used bookstores. The first one we went to is called The Book Den. I bought One Thousand and One Nights by Hanan al-Shaykh, Bright Shadow by Avi and The Green Mile (Part 4) by Stephen King. I realized later that The Green Mile is part 4 of a 6 part series. I might buy the other parts online.
The other books I actually bought from $5 or Less Bookstore in Simi Valley. I bought A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and Molly’s Story Collection (American Girl).
I’m very excited to read them. What books did you buy or get recently?